Thai Coconut, Broccoli Soup
The perfect quick-fix dinner for chillier nights when you want something warming but don’t have much time to cook—the combination of feel-good greens and creamy coconut is a real winner.
- 1/3 cup store-bought green curry paste
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can coconut milk
- 3 cups water
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 pound broccoli florets, chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, plus more to serve
- 2 cups cilantro leaves
- 2 scallions, shredded
- Store-bought crispy shallots or onions, to serve
- Place the curry paste in a medium saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the coconut milk, water, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Add the broccoli, cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the broccoli is tender. Remove from the heat and add the spinach leaves and half the cilantro.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth. Divide among serving bowls and top with the extra spinach, remaining cilantro, scallions and shallots.